Friday, September 29, 2006

Whence life began

Ooh! This is fun! An entire issue of Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society dedicated to research on the origin of life. It covers everything from the prebiotic earth to the chemistry of replicators. I'm going to see how much of it I can read today and over the weekend and try to post some summaries. I'm no biochemist, so don't expect too much critical analysis, but origin of life stuff is a bit of a side hobby of mine. So hopefully I can say something meaningful. In the meantime, if you're keen enough to slog through some of this stuff, check it out!


01/10/06: Not going to get around to posting any summaries soon. There's a couple of conferences coming up, so preparing my talks and finishing a manuscript have taken priority. I'll try to get on it before I leave.

2 comments:

Shaun said...

Great link! Awesome

** Shaun **
My awesome blog: ohpunk.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Have you read Robert Hazen's Gen-e-sis? You'd probably enjoy it, especially since the biochemistry isn't laid on so thick as to make it too dry.