Friday, June 09, 2006

The pygmy giant: Europasaurus holgeri

Europasaurus holgeri is a pretty extraordinary animal. It is a sauropod dinosaur that would've barely stood taller than a man -- as an adult!. What's interesting about the discovery of this animal, is that the investigators decided to try to explain the size of this animal. Head over to the Palaeoblog and check it out.

There were a number of interesting papers in this week's Nature and I simply haven't had time to cover them or use them in some way. I'm on it! I'm on it! Just give me some time!

3 comments:

arcampbell said...

Hey,

Just wanted tell you how much I like your site. Just found it the other day day through paleoblog, and I immediately added a link to you through my blog.

I am a fellow science blogger, check out my blog at

http://cosmicafterthoughts.blogspot.com/

It's been up for about 5 months now and I'm slowly (very slowly) building an audience. Check it out and give me some feedback, constructive criticism, let me know what you think. Any advice you have for me would be great.

Martin Brazeau said...

Thanks! I've checked it out briefly and will go back to comment some more. Cheers!

arcampbell said...

Thanks so much!

Thanks for the advice you gave me. Since I started following it my hits have soared. I got linked to by pharyngula. I really appreciate it. I'll continue to read your blog, hopefully you'll read mine. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Cheers!
Andrew